Thursday, August 21, 2008

Vexations

*sigh* You know, I don't believe I've had this 'bad' of a week in awhile @_@ ok it wasn't bad it was just hard. But there have been many a good things as well I suppose. So this is going to be a long post :)

Firstly...I stole something :( the last time I felt this bad was when I ditched primary :( maybe there's something else I feel bad for, but I've suppressed those memories it would seem. Anyways, it has to be one of the stupidest things I have done in my life. I talked to my dad about it and he was like "If you need money for anything then just let me know and I'll send you some!" X( I guarantee you that was the LAST thing on my mind, if anything was, when I stole what I did...ok...now I'll tell you...future employers feel free to stop reading here...I stole a smoothie X( Isn't that the most anti-climatic thing you've ever read? Anyways I did, and it was horrible. See I had just learned how to use the shaved ice/smoothie machine in a restaurant I frequent and I really wanted to be...idk...cool? no...I just like making smoothies...I was just X( I can't even explain what I was thinking...you know what...see the comic on the side label. Basically I have a question mark for my thoughts cause even I don't know what I was thinking. I remember even staring at the ingredients before I made the thing and saying to myself "This is stealing"...AND I DID IT ANYWAYS...guh...I am an untard sometimes. But, lesson learned. I went in and payed for it on Monday. Penance paid so now I just have to stop beating myself up about it X(


So then my next favorite thing of the week was my work schedule, which is really encompassed by three things. It was jam packed with irony. And I <3>
1)I worked mornings. Usually I have a morning class and therefore I don't work mornings really. Not that I planned it that way *shifty eyes* but I am a morning person! I got it from early morning seminary I believe...that and I can't sleep in past 10 >.<>
2)I worked in the Cannon Center and The CougarEat. O.o My theory is this. Catering hires its workers out to other places so that they realize how good they have it. A job is only as noble as the person who works it. But I was just...I felt so degraded working for the other dining services on campus. I did meanial tasks, which is all I could REALLY do being a temp for the week. I learned a lot about how to be a better supervisor though. People above me gave me a lot of material...Albeit I had fun working at Subway on Wed...but on Friday all I did was cut bread FOR THREE HOURS. *sigh* Someone has to do it...and it doesn't make you any less of a person. I have met a lot of interesting people this week, and I wish I'd been more talkative. But my mind was way numbed X(
3)I didn't get fed. *cries* In the end it came down to this?Wow...I had to pay for my food. It's not right! I never knew my week would be so bad just because I wasn't fed. I thought I'd be a better person than that. One superviser gave me a 4$ coupon one day...and I have to say that I will always have a special place in my heart for that person. Gold star to you Allan's wife...whose name I never learned...man I feel shallow. XD

Lastly, because I worked so much I didn't get to meet my roommates. I guess I should come to expect it :( So long as I work for catering I won't get to know my room mates. No...I refuse to believe that. :D One can do anything you put your mind to! Or so I like to say to give myself hope...

No comments: