Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sickly Sweet

Today I had enough Maple Syrup on my leg alone that, if I had enough waffles to go with it, I would have been able to feed a small village. How did this happen you might ask? Well at work we served a large breakfast (which went marvelously) and for clean-up we had to ship all the dishes to the temp dishwasher. In two of our hot keepers (they keep the food...hot...) there were pans of uncovered (>.<) maple syrup and by the end of said trip were no longer in the pans but all over said hot keepers. *sigh* I am sad that I don't have any pictures. Perhaps I should start bringing my camera with me everywhere...actually I'd rather not get maple syrup on my camera...here, I'll describe what it looked like instead . You shall now imagine those modern art pictures where people just throw splatters of paint on the wall and call it art...that was my legs, shoes, and polo shirt. I could have been an exhibit in LACMA...I suppose it was better than taking a bottle of syrup and having it ooze everywhere...or better yet! I could jump into a mollases bucket! XD See...one of my bosses saw me in my sticky situation and he said "I've heard of jumping in a mollases bucket...but just covering yourself in syrup!?" hehe. Man...now I want to try it too :p...but the hot keeper I was cleaning might as well've not been cleaned because no matter what I did it still leaked maple syrup everywhere! Isn't that odd? I'm not too annoyed about getting sticky beyond all reasoning...but I'm upset that I didn't clean something up to par because I couldn't do so without dismantling the thing. >:(

Anyways...the moral of the story is wear an apron :D

Here's a random fact for you too that always makes me giggle :D
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.

No comments: