Saturday, August 16, 2008

Captain Meeting

Alrighty...random updates. Both of my finals went fine I like to think. Now I just have to move soon and all will be right in the world :D


Well, this past Wednesday we had a captains meeting as we are prone to do every month-ish. But my superiors made a fatal mistake and gave me a piece of paper, ensuite, I started to doodle. But they were constructive doodles! I took notes :D So next meeting I'll be able to re-cap what we went over! So we talked of catering as a tree and it was...guh...nevermind...I can't lie. It was horrible. One of my pet peeves is people telling others what their pet peeves are...next comes people taking Church metaphors/allegory's and trying to apply other doctrines to them in a lesson. I can understand when you do that for yourself personally-personal revelation and how things adapt to each of us individually is a whole other story- but not in a meeting or anywhere else should you take an allegory that is meant to tell a unique story about the gospel and try and apply your own 'doctrine' to it. But I respected the lesson anyways and took notes and listened...
So at one point in the catering tree part we talked about what would cut down said tree...figuratively of course...and I just couldn't get Captain Planet out of my head after that! I remember one episode (the only one I remember) where he flew by after someone had cut down a tree and it sprouted a new tree (just like in my picture...except CP is flying...yes)! I remember at the time it was one of the most deep and beautiful things in the world to my young mind. I've always wanted to see it happen irl. I don't think it'll ever happen though :(
So it was suggested to us that we take a 30 min break every 6 hrs we work as this comic implies...but us captains noticed that if we work certain shifts...serve time will be right when your about to serve the food. So the next time I need to direct everyone as to what to do...I'll take a break XD jkjk
With every suggestion we seemed to make, we where then instructed to write said things on our captain evaluations...so by the end of the evening on any of my banquets...this is what I imagined would happen if I actually remembered to write everything...I'm getting better at it though!

So yes...whoot for notes and captain meetings. There was plenty of stuff I missed though cause I can only draw so fast...

1 comment:

Marie said...

Haha, I thought Shanlee only did that to us- give us random stories from what she accidentally flipped to the night before and relate it to catering. I wish she would just tell us what she wants us to know and spend the saved hour in something productive. Oh well, to each their own.