Monday, August 4, 2008

Mes cousins

My dearest extended family came for a visit this Sunday and it was marvelous~. My Aunt, Uncle, and two cousins. I've missed them so much and it was such a great visit. They also went to church with me, which might I add was kind of interesting. A Family in a ward full of single people is always a novelty. So I got to show them off...quite literally since my 17 year old cousin is taller than any guy in my ward. haha. Irony in its fullest...well...it's just ridiculous-ness I suppose really. Anyways, I suppose it compensated for the fact that he overshot me 3 years ago and this somehow makes up for it? I am ridiculous *shakes head*

Sad day...I can't call my Sunday doodles 'manimals' for it is taken ;_; sad day. So alas, I'll come up with a name for them soon. For now I'll just explain them :D
Dog+Monkey: This is kudos of my cousin Nessars...why the attempt at a Sombrero? Well, my cousin is taking a beginning Spanish class and when I asked her for two animals she wrote back to me 'el perro y monkey'...if you were wondering...so I decided to go with a 'Spanish' theme and the first thing that popped into my head was a sombrero.
Weiner Dog+Elephant: Can you imagine one of these irl? I mean, come on! It'd either be huge and lumbering like an elephant or small and waddling like a wiener dog right?...No it'd have to be large instead of small for anyone to take it seriously. Anyways...the Spanish theme is continued in this drawing when I realized that I couldn't think of anything besides a sombrero. I can't believe how lame I am. I am sure I could have drawn this elephant with a...a...guitar...or in one of those dresses that they twirl cool-ly in...or at least with a rose in his mouth or something else! Alas, I didn't...too bad :D
Manatee+Dog: So usually I can't draw dogs @_@ Dogs and bears...but this has got to be one of the cutest animals I have EVER drawn! :D It makes me so happy! It even has spittle. You can't get much cuter than that.

Cow+Monkey: This was the one of the first combo-animals I drew...in church...and it's just so ridiculous I thought I'd share it.

So it's been a good weekend. Plenty of drawing and plenty of random things that makes other people shake their heads and wonder how I go about thinking sometimes. :D Enjoy my doodles~

No comments: