Saturday, April 4, 2009

Why I'm Thankful For My Compy

I affectionately refer to my laptop as Compy. Usually I like to name my inanimate objects that I use in my life (for example, my piccolo's name is Phantom but I don't go around giving each pen I use a name, make sense?)...and though Compy isn't the most creative name, I have yet to come up with another...

This weekend I'll be using my laptop a lot in particular because it's General Conference. General Conference is a 2 day long, 5 session conference where the authorities of the LDS church gather together in Salt Lake City. They have prepared talks, akin to small sermons, on topics they feel the members of the church need to hear. It is broadcast across the globe via radio, tv, internet, and later in printed media. You can also go in person!

Well, this is where my laptop comes in. I'm using it to watch conference. I've already watched two sessions of the 4 I'll be viewing (one is specifically pointed towards the men of the church) and so far I'm liking it! Plus I only began (and ended) to doze when they started announcing the statistical data of the church. So that's a plus.

I wanted to make a plug for conference because most people out of the LDS church don't know what it is...AND if I'm going to write a blog about April Fools day AND since General Conference is much more important to me, I'd write one about it too. So if you'd like to watch tomorrow's sessions cause you're curious or because you were planning on doing so anyways, do follow this link and enjoy! It starts at 10 am and 2 pm Mountain Standard Time and runs for two hours per session. :) I suggest the morning one! :D

No comments: