Friday, April 10, 2009

Colors of the Wind

So this song has come up on my iPod shuffle with such consistency, I wanted to write about it. Colors of the Wind (sung by Judy Kuhn) can be found in the Disney classic (and historically inaccurate) Pocahontas. I love this movie oh so very much. It's one of the few movies that my family still owns on VHS. I have a few memories with this song. One, Divine Comedy (scroll down to Colors of the Wind). Two, the only Disney movie I've watched more than this one is probably Aladdin. Three, my Grandpa gave me that VHS I believe and it was really cool because he usually would give us magazines. Lastly, Christian Bale is in it!

Christian Bale plays Thomas! He (CB) is starting to become one of my more favorite actors. :D

It's a pretty sweet song none the less, and you can use it for so many everyday things! Like when you are arguing if rocks, trees, and pitchers have lifes, spirits, or names; you have something to quote! It's also one of the few other songs besides Moe Tab that I'll listen to whilst reading scriptures. When I was little it was a very deep thinking song. When I would start to judge others, I would remember that they are just like a bear or a sycamore tree.

Ok...so that last paragraph sounds a little light-hearted...really it is a great song and I have a high respect for it. :D

No comments: