Sunday, April 12, 2009

EASTER!!!!



I've been waiting for this day for a LONG time. Never does time move so slow than when you can't be sarcastic. No, all joking aside, I do celebrate Easter! This past week I've kept it in mind. But it wasn't until last night that I decided what I was going to do for the big-to-do-about Easter. Most people have dinner. Nuh-uh. Not in my family. Ok, maybe we do, but I more remember the breakfasts we have :D So after we open the copious amounts of candy and such found in our Easter baskets we have a nice little breakfast together. So I decided I'd re-inact this with my roommates!



Look at the cute little baskets! The Easter Bunny loves us! :D My favorite Easter story is that one year, my little brother got up in the middle of the night, walked RIGHT past the 'Easter Bunny' and went to the bathroom. He didn't even notice him putting out the baskets or anything on his way back to bed either. I've always liked the scene in my mind, it's amusing to be sure. I think it was the year that my sister finally decided to 'enlighten' us that the Easter Bunny doesn't exist. But my wonderful Father still insists that's who gives us the baskets every year, and I love it even if I can't be with my fam-bam this year for it.





Well...on to the Easter Baskets. I owe myoh so clairvoyant roommates an apology. I was the one who 'let' the 'Easter Bunny' into the apartment. I told them I didn't know who did it. Shame on me.

But the Easter baskets are SO CUTE!!! :D




AND THERE'S A DOMO-kun STUFFED ANIMAL!!! I love Mr. Domo










Isn't Easter great? I don't mind the commercialization too much, at least people are celebrating it and spending time with their families. If you want to remember what Christ did, as the Christian world will be so doing today, I believe the holiday will become even more special for you. As for me, I'll be going to church and listening to my favorite Easter Cantata all day (convieniently only showing in my home stake, pooh). Happiest of Easters!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

It's a small world, I love Greg McDougle too, and Easter too! Happy Easter-mombravato

Devany said...

Chels I am glad you are such a fantastic easter bunny. thanks for being so thoughtful!

Strawboat said...

What?! I am NOT the Easter Bunny.

:D Thanks cathy! :D And just so you know, I can start being sarcastic again...if I didn't right that in this blog...? :D