Thursday, April 2, 2009

Les Polissons (The Pranks)

If you were wondering why I refered to yesterday as fish day, it's because that's what April Fool's day is refered to in France. I'll leave you to yourself to research that if you so desire, but I want to take this time to record down my 'pranks' for this year.

Of course I started the festivities early. I was reading Tuesday night when I noticed it was just past the midnight hour; I decided to make victim one of my room mates who were still up, namely Charity B. I just went with the traditional 'tall tale' and tried to see how long I could keep it going...which wasn't long at all. I told her ecstatically that I had decided to go on a mission for the LDS church! Sadly she's heard me say many times how I have no intention of doing so and I think that's why it didn't work too well...so you can see it was a discouraging start to my day.

Next I tried to convince people I was Mary Poppins. I think the only person who was convinced was the guy who called my name out at the Jamba Juice line... :D
Lastly, I had to pull a few pranks at work. I couldn't let my reputation as the devilishly creative person that I am go to waste. Though, disclaimer, they merely amuse me and aren't particularly devilish in any way.
But I did get my bosses! See I dressed up in a different uniform than usual at work today. Since I'm a 'Captain' I wear a white shirt and I get to be in charge of setting up the banquets for the catering company I work for. I didn't wear my usual uniform, wearing a black shirt instead signifying that I'm one of the wait staff that usually get ordered around, and it confused my bosses for a good 5 minutes, which amused me greatly. I also had someone else on my banquet wear a white shirt and lots of people were like "Was he promoted?" and it made us giggle.


But the creme de la creme was pulling a prank on my friend Tammy. Bwhaha. There's a background story behind this prank that makes it more poignant, but it's funny in and of itself without me sharing it. As I was still in charge of my banquet last night, I have the 'power' to tell my crew that they can go home for the evening. Tammy is the closer and if she's in, that means I loose this power and she takes over telling people to go home. Well...I informed her about 5 minutes before we got back to the 'home base' of Catering that I had let all of my crew go home...

Me: "Tammy, just letting you know I let all of my crew go home"
Tammy: (very quick response laced with venom) "What?"
Me: "Yeah...uh...I let my crew go home, they even signed out and everything."
(dramatic pause where you can almost see her fuming. You know when you know someone else well enough that you can just SEE it...yes...you do...)
................
.......
..
Me: "Happiest of April Fools Tammy!"

Needless to say there were some choice words after that directed towards me. That and I learned a valuable lesson. Don't play tricks on people who have the power to send you home...unless it's ABSOLUTELY worth it. And it was, oh yes, yes it was. *relishes it*

:D Well, I don't doubt these pranks are not the most creative (I should have brought poppers with me to school *sigh*). But I'm not that dedicated to the practice of pranks to actually purchase anything for them...as of yet...

3 comments:

Michael said...

Very good. I loved the "laced with venom" part, especially. I could just see it. Too bad it didn't work with Staci. I guess you didn't have the magic of Fish Day backing you up.

Strawboat said...

No I don't think I did...with Tammy I actually had the crew sign out, but I didn't want Donna to begin to hate me. Plus I think Staci read my post...somehow I think she knew...somehow...

Natalie said...

Ha ha that last one was good. very good. My jokes usually range from short sheeting my little sister to telling all of my friends I've finally found a fellow to set my lips on fire :)