Thursday, February 26, 2009

Join the Black Parade!


So I posted a link to the new song that has caused a newfound favor to grow with-in me of it in my last post...but I thought it deserved a bit more than just a link most people won't click on anyways. You see I have a lot of music that I haven't even listened to on my ipod and it bugs me. I've been going through it meticulously and it mostly gives me a headache after about 3 songs; I then switch to music I have heard before. But luckily for me there was this aforementioned gem in my media player that I was ignorant of until yesterday. It's "Welcome to the Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance, and even though I just brought my head out of the sand of oldies music to discover it, it's been amazing! I quite left the song on repeat until I half memorized it.


I've also recently discovered the joy that is 'Cajun' music. This is how I 'celebrated' my Mardi Gras, listening to Cajun music. My French teacher suggested it to me and I listened to it for a bit. It gave me the uncontrollable urge to go to a hoe down, so I've begun to refrain from it. But I just wanted to share this album cover that brings me such joy! Mostly I want to make some sarcastic comments about it. But as I've learned in the past 24 hours...the best way to avoid that is to say what I actually think about it. It's so genuine! That man must truly be happy to have his music on that cd...He seems to be saying "Come on down ya'll and have yerself a grand time!". I realize this is a little stereotypical...but I want you to read his bio before you judge me.

oh yes...random afterthought, I was sarcastic today. *sigh* It wasn't even very good. But I'm still going to keep trying! :(

3 comments:

Michael said...

Onigiri? *Sigh*

Unknown said...

Oh Chelsea...
so how did you break your lent???

Strawboat said...

It was really lame. I was talking to my prof and told him I hadn't done the hw cause I was sick. He apologized, and when someone 'apologizes' like that I always respond with sarcasm and I said "cause it's YOUR fault I'm sick" and he said "yeah, and the recessions my fault too"...I'm pretty ashamed that I didn't slip in a better way.

I always want onigiri and never get enough...I need to change that link...