Saturday, February 14, 2009

You'll Always Sound Precocious!


In an effort to gumfiate [to cause to swell] my reader's love for using large words, I decided to write a blog with 10 new vocab words that I got from a site on the internet. It's like a cibosity [store of food] website, but for words. I don't want to share it just yet...mostly because I have a senticous [prickly; thorny] personality concerning things that I treasure immensely. Plus I thought it'd be more veteratorian [subtle] if I was coy about it.

It's also something I did the other day in my French class. We took 10 french words and had to make a casitive [having grammatical cases] story out of it. Mine was not a favorite of the teachers, but at least it wasn't about a jussulent [full of broth or soup] gardevisure [visor of a helmet as shown on heraldic devices]. Her favorite one was a somandric [pertaining to the human body] retelling of someone's grandma loosing their glass eye at a night club.

I would suggest reading through this post by ignoring the definitions. You get a whole different meaning! Plus it sounds like I'm using ton's of icasm's [figurative expressions]. But in reality...I have no sceptriferous [bearing a scepter; having authority] influence over how you read. :D

3 comments:

Alec Erickson said...

wow! You are very smart and make me look like an idiot. Then again, this hurts my head just reading it due to 3 hours of sleep... Maybe I'll try again after I've slept :P (And I'll leave some big words of my own!)

Strawboat said...

hah! No worries, when I went back to check it for errors it gave me a headache too. I'll probably use one of those words...just one.

Michael said...

Senticous, my eye! Give us the website!