Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sock Monkey

There are many things in my life that I have learned about, but never questioned where or when I learned about them. I can only imagine when I first learned about the wonderfulness that is sock monkeys. But ever since I got more art's and craft's-ie, I could no longer settle with simply admiring them. No, not I. I started to make them. The first one I made was for a Christmas gift exchange...sadly the one person whom I did not want to get it...did...the one person in the WHOLE pot lock that I didn't want to get it...got it...*sigh* who knows where that little sock monkey is now...but then again what do I know. I think I'm too quick to judge.

Anyways, for a ward service project we had the wonderful opportunity to make sock monkeys to give away to a local toy drive.I had the wonderful priviledge of looking up directions on how to make them when I stumbled upon this website. So I think that if I am ever compelled to send Christmas cards...it will first come from this website :)

When I first saw this website I asked myself 'Who takes the time to make Christmas cards with sock monkeys!?!?!" and then I connected it to how much I like my own arts and crafts and have to say...I like the cards better now (or at least I won't laugh at them...but with them ;)

No comments: