Friday, December 19, 2008

It's the end of the...Internet?

So if you are ever in the need of a waste of time I suggest you upload this app. Already it has led me to untold wonders, websites that I already knew about, and peoples amusing take on life. Yesterday I did it once whilst winding down for the evening and I came across the
There it offers some very solid advice.

Having not sat down seriously with a book in awhile, I wanted to dedicate myself to at least finishing one of the following over my Christmas break. For Pete's sake...

The three books I've been attempting to get through this fall (Rights of Man, Wealth of Nations, and Don Quixote de la Mancha) all make the list of course. But the book I'm truly excited about is 'The Russian Novel'. It seems to be a critique on Russian literature of some time period or rather. But I just want to read it for the history. I'm going to make a generality here and say that most people aren't interested in Russian history...but after I borrowed a book from my high school library about the pre-1600's Russia...I was hooked.

The other book I'll read (if I get my hands on it) is by James Herriot. Ah, British Humor in it's finest. I think this is the next book in the 'All Creatures Great and Small' series.

So there's the quixotic goal of my reading list for the break. It can either be a very classic break or amusing depending on the book I end up finishing...or not even reading. XD

1 comment:

Michael said...

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. I certainly hope you're not reading the original Quixote, archaic Spanish and all. I will not, no matter how nicely you ask, translate that for you. Not because I'm not willing, but because I cannot...without at least 17 dictionaries and a lot of patience.