Saturday, January 29, 2011

And remember, this is for posterities sake, so be honest.

If I ever go to Russia, I want to remember this dream I had last night just to see if it will come true.

The furthest back I remember is when I separate from the group I'm with (no idea who) visiting Russia. No one wants to go with me to see the Russian circus but I have this have-to-do-this-once-in-my-life mentality. So I head down the main street to the ticket booth. First things first we have a mix-up because I thought they didn't take American money, but then they changed their mind. There were three possible options. I could see Bobo the bear, the regular circus, or ride the flow-rider. I wanted to see Bobo the bear REALLY badly...but as I was buying my ticket the ticket lady turns towards me and says, "Actually, Bobo the bear just died. You can't see him." Distraught I decided to not go to the circus anymore and asked her where a good place to eat authentic Russian food was. She directed me back up the main street.

Then I woke up wanting kolaches. And not just regular kolaches, German kolaches.

I wonder about my self-conscious sometimes.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Oh my gosh! The flow rider? Too funny. Also, kolaches? What has Audrey done to you?

Strawboat said...

I know!!! I have no idea where it came from. But now I look at my breakfast every morning of cheerios and think "...these aren't kolaches..."