Monday, February 14, 2011

BOPHC

Today in my Russian class we learned that Dostoevsky was part of a philosophical group called the Petrashevsky Circle. I was thinking to myself that one day I'd like to start a philosophical group where we got together and talked about stuff. Maybe a book club?


I think I'd call it 'The Brick Oven Pizza Hearts Club" or BOPHC for short. Or maybe even just BOPH so that it sounded like the french word Bof! :D Yes!
We could get together at least once a year and eat heart shaped pizza. Oh the yumminess of the tradition! And talk about deep, unanswerable questions as well.

All goal-setting aside, I almost forgot about this tradition! Ha! I remembered last minute and realized I couldn't go for lunch (since it was 3 in the afternoon) and had to take out to avoid waiting in line for 45+ minutes because of all the other people who would be there tonight.

Yay pizza!

1 comment:

Michael said...

The couch in your picture looks just like the one I imagined in Raskolnikov's dingy room--the one he passed in and out of consciousness on after he murdered the old lady and her daughter/sister/friend/can't remeber what she was.

Also, I would love to be a member of a club like that, but I hate Brick Oven Pizza. I don't hate their food, I just hate that at any hour of the day (or night) you can see people walking there in their uniforms. No matter what time it is, someone's shift is always starting or ending.

You should look up Tertulias. I've always dreamed of starting a place called Tertulia where people could be intellectual/philosophical/poetic/whatever.