Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sweet Smiles not Sweet Enough

Ok, I need to vent.

WHY!?! It doesn' t make sense to me. All my life I have been all smiles to hide my true intents. The thing is, I like to think I am especially so in my ward. That, and I like to believe that people believe me to be sincere when I'm happy. I suppose I do look mischevious...and I've actually worked on making my smile look more puckish. Gah. I just thought I was so much more better at this being machiavellian thing.

Let me explain. In my ward we started an assassins game. Each member of the group has an assignment to 'kill' another member in the group. You 'kill' each other by clipping each other with a clothespin. It started Monday and goes until there is one final victor.

How am I doing so far? I have avoided one assassination attempt actually. I have also had 5 failed attempts to assassinate by two targets (soon to be explained).

note: names have been changed/dropped in case anyone in the ward is reading this. That's right, I know you're looking for any advantage to assassinate me!

The attempt to kill me was this. I was in my room when my roommate Dora told me the 'Brute Squad' was at our door. (The brute squad was formed one week ago by some random guys in the Elms. This was after we had all been given our assignments.) I immediately thought "Guys in our ward set up the Brute Squad through people in the Elms in order to win the assassin's game!!!" Armed with my clothespin, I went in the front room to face my foes. Was I being paranoid? Could the guys in my ward be that dastardly!? You'd like to THINK so WOULDN'T you!

We chatted for a bit. I expressed my incredulity that the brute squad even existed. They claimed that was why they were there, to prove that they really did! But I knew better. JUST as he was claiming this, the one on the left reaches out to clip me with a clothespin! There was a struggle, my piano was knocked over, BUT I WAS VICTORIOUS!!! I clipped him before he did me! (if you know who your assassin is, you can do that and it kills them instead of them killing you!) Unfortunately that little rule I just told you in the parenthesis wasn't made up until after the action. It was actually made up BECAUSE of the action. So now I know who my killer is, who I'm supposed to kill, and the 5 times I've tried to kill either of them tonight failed miserably.

So why the rant? I was told by my target's roommates that rumors are going around the ward not to trust me in any shape or form! Is this some twisted way of trying to compliment me and my mischievous ways!? I suppose it just means everyone thinks I'll be abnormally good at this game...wait a second...this can be an oober advantage...why should I see it as so? Let's just say that fear is one of my favorite tools. OH! This is going to be a fun game. No worries. I'll keep you updated :) Hopefully I'll be the last assassin standing!!!

1 comment:

Holly K said...

These kind of games terrify me. I don't do well in high-tension scenarios. I'm glad I'm not in your ward. :)