Saturday, March 21, 2009

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?

This (see blog post title) and many other questions will soon plague me; "Why is Russia Blue?", "Why didn't I pay attention in the 3rd grade?", "How long will it take me to memorize this?", "Is the Animaniac's country song up to date?", and "How accurate is this map...?" to name a few.

Why you might ask? Well if you haven't guessed by my map related questions or the picture that follows, I recently bought a new shower curtain! :D



Yes I am a proud owner of a map of the world. Soon I can learn where different country's are in relation to myself in attempts to awe and inspire people with my random trivia knowledge and geography skills! I can also find my way around if I'm ever lost (kinda?)!Ouai~!

But seriously, I never thought learning geography was a useful skill. Even after I've been forced to memorize it in school I have no desire to retain the information. It's just...not that important to me. I've memorized 1)the places I like/want to go and 2) the places that are frequently mentioned in the news.

But now I want to start working on it. Weaning out weaknesses so to speak. So I guess all I need to do is place maps everywhere and take standardized tests on it later so I remember...riiiiiiight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So according to your picture most of South America and part of Africa is cut off... Does that mean they don't count??

Strawboat said...

XD Well I WOULD have taken a picture of my actual shower curtain (which doesn't have Antarctica or the north pole btw...They missed a WHOLE continent?!) but I thought it too awkward trying to take a picture of the whole curtain in my oober small bathroom. So I just googled it. Stupid other peoples photos of my incomplete massed produced shower curtain! >:(