Friday, January 16, 2009

Couched

Couch (verb)->9. to express indirectly or obscurely: the threat couched under his polite speech.

And with that beginning, let me talk about photoshop. I never really knew what photoshop was until I watched 'A Walk to Remember' and that wasn't very condusive to my liking it. So I've always had this great aversion for it.

For those who don't know, Photoshop helps you edit photos, etc. I've always been too sentimental of the pictures I keep to edit them. I delete the pictures I don't like and keep the ones I do, so why should I change them if I've already decreed them acceptable?

In truth, that opinion is a little ridiculous...and full of farce. More of the real reason why I really don't use Photoshop->1) Photoshop takes time to use and learn 2) There are some pictures that you want to look more 'picturesque' than others and then they are worth the time and effort to 'clean them up' so to say (hence why the last paragraph is farce), but if so-> 3) I use Paint.net for my editing needs...so there.

That being said, I was wondering if you could tell if this picture was photoshop-ed or not. It's such a beautiful couch, don't you agree? Looks like it needs to be broken in a bit, which we all know can only be done through jumping on it. :D


2 comments:

Natalie said...

Sweet! I've never done much photo shopping myself but that's just because I don't have photoshop. And no you can't really tell that it was photo shopped :)

Strawboat said...

hehe. Well then. I'm glad it's not recognizable. It really does bring joy to my heart. XD