Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ten Things I Love About Me

a. I LOVE Divine Comedy. They often fit my humor perfectly. However, that is not the main reason that I love them. They remind me of better times, times that I cherish, times that will never come again. I think I'm also trying to not love them so much as I used to. A person gave their testimony to me recently that He tried his best not to always be giving stories about his mission because then you're always depending on your mission for stories instead of creating new ones. I'm not saying I'm going to start liking Humor U over Divine Comedy anywhere in the future, but I do want to know if there's more humor out there. And there is. And I'll find it!
b. Anyone who truly knows me well can determine when I'm being sarcastic and when I'm not. I LOVE sarcasm. The majority of the sentences that come out of my mouth I have shaped specifically to mean the opposite of what I'm saying. But I never mean to be mean? It has to do with me loving to make fun of things that I view as ridiculous...see I.
c. There are few things in this world that give me greater happiness than leaving it for another one. By that I mean that I love Science Fiction/fantasy and the escape they provide. To illustrate, when I read books I have an average rate of reading 30 pages per hour (unless it's academic, in which it's 10 pages an hour) but when I read a sci-fi book I like it's about 40 pages an hour. I've gotten better at not loosing myself completely in works of fiction...but not by much.
d. I have a flashdrive who was named "Freedom" when I bought it. Sure there are probably a million out there named Freedom, but I prefer to think it poignant for my life, see K.
e.Someone playing the Violin is my favorite sound.
f. No matter what mood I'm in, 'Blessed are they that Mourn' by Brahms will always make me feel better.
g. While I am very religious and love the hymns the church provides, my favorite hymn is one taught to me at a music camp. If you want to hear it you can ask me to sing it for you, but you'll have to join in since it's a round.
h. The song Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious from Mary Poppins is the number one song played on my Ipod. I love that it is because I have NOT listened to that song 449 times. It just so happens that I left it on repeat during one night and don't want to delete the tally marks.
i. I live to find things that are ridiculous. It just makes me laugh! And I think it makes most people think of me as immature that I get joy from being ridiculous. Well, jokes on them!
j. I prefer scooters to bikes. They are so much more maneuverable even though they are half as fast.
k. I find symbolism in everything. For example, this morning I woke up at 7:11 with no assistance of an alarm clock. Those two numbers often remind me of God and helped me remember that He is always there for me. But at the same time I take the majority of those symbolisms with a grain of salt because I'm afraid of being wrong/depending the actions of my life on flimsy fantasies of mine based off of my overactive imagination. It's a thin line, needless to say. But I love to walk it :)

3 comments:

Michael said...

So how many of those sentences do I need to take with a grain of salt?

Also, please call me and sing that song. I'll try to sing along in a round, but that won't work well with cell phone delays.

Alec Erickson said...

I absolutely love that your post name is "Ten Things I Love About Me" yet you bulleted it out with letters haha. You are for sure my favorite.

Strawboat said...

None of them! I was very sincere with this post! :D I'll make sure to call you when you can't answer!

Thanks for noticing Alec :) It makes me happy. The real question is if you counted the letters or not!