Friday, June 18, 2010

Teh-hes part 3

So no pictures today, but instead I'm going to write about the 'cool' people I meet everyday!

So I work in a store where tons of tourists come in every day. However, in order to get people into the store I get to stand outside of it and shout at random people. The coolest thing I get to see when I do this is all the various groups or protesters that are visiting the street I work on. My personal favorite so far has been the group that brought a statue of the Saint of San Antonio (St. Anthony?) and put it on a bar in which they proceeded to turn the statue upside down, making it do continuous flips for about 4 hours. Yep, nothing says immigration legislation unrest like the flips of a statue.

Another thing about my job is that you see the same bums everyday. I do my best to avoid them, however they are very well dressed and a lot of the time I mistake them as not-bums. One even gave me a fist bump the other day! :D I've also managed to get a few in the store in which they then inform me they have no money. Well, don't I feel sheepish!

Other people you meet on the street are those that laugh at you. I was in a particularly good mood when a guy said flippantly, "That's a store for young people!". I then stuck my foot in my mouth and said "Well for older customers..." I felt most guilty until he did some British version of flipping me off. Then I felt justified. Heaven forbid I call it as I see it I suppose.

Then there's the people that you see multiple times on the street that you've already talked to! My personal favorite so far was the man from Alaska! He asked me if I'd ever been there as he was walking past and, thanks to my Father and his fishing escapades there, I was able to get the guy in the store to buy things! Twice! We talked about fishing in Alaska. Silly man thinking I didn't know about cool things in Alaska.

One of my favorite sales gimmicks is to have a story associated with where they're from. The Alaska trivia aside, my favorite one to use is that I'm from California and know everything there is to know about fashion and what's cool! Cause what's cool in California hasn't made it here quite yet! I got a woman to buy three pairs of sunglasses off of that :D Whoot!

Then there's all the 'cool' people that come in the store. So far I've had people from Canada, New Zealand, France, and Britain come in! :D Also, one customer informed me their last names were 'Cool'. Really? I think you're dad got his named changed just so that he could be Mr. Cool and he could have a Cool jr.! But that's just me.

So yeah. I love this! So many random people get to come in! It's great!

No comments: