Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teh-has part 2

No TV and no beer make Homer go something, something...along with the myriad of Simpsons quotes that find their way into my head and conversations, this one has been most prevalent. However, it has a different conclusion than our mutual yellow friends. Firstly there's enough beer and TV in San Antonio that I could easily have a gut by the end of the semester. Sadly I don't drink and I also have lots of stuff to do. It's like, instead of doing school work, I get to do all the random things in life that I haven't taken the time to do for a long while now.But enough reminiscing. Let's jump into the photos that tell the story of the past two weeks. The other interns and myself got a rental car. It is a Dodge Charger (Audrey informs me it is on the list of cars that sell out the fastest as number 5). I LOVE it. I haven't had a car in three years and I LOVE to drive despite my Uncle's lack of faith in my ability to do so. As such, we have already named him (Officer Benjamin Gonzalez) and I will be literally heartbroken come the end of August when this internship is up. He helps us get to work everyday and now I finally have the mobility to go wherever I want!
This allows me to go to various restaurants/stores that I've heard about. San Antonio has a wealth of restaurants. I'm sure anyplace does, but it seems more-so in Texas for some reason? Anyways, I'm not even half-way through my list of restaurants I want to go to. But of the 5 Texan's I asked, Rudy's was suggested every time when asked for good restaurants. So far only one other restaurant has impressed me however, which is surprisingly a Mexican food place. Mi Tierra. Check it out.
Already checked out Fiesta Texas. Six Flags started in Texas! Go figure. However, in placing Fiesta Texas on my scale of age appropriate them parks, it fits somewhere between Knott's Berry Farm(younger teens should go here) and the Six Flags in California(Older teens and above). This Fiesta was more amusing than thrilling. I'm a little biased towards the Six Flags in California however, it's my favorite place to go. They had amazing souvenirs though! :D
During my escapades, I thought I'd be a tad spiritual by going to the temple/my new ward. Excellent ward. It feels like a true singles ward and it's weird cause the only one I've ever been to is were the people in the ward are all from the same complex building. Now I have to drive 45 minutes, get lost in the farm land of Texas, and then get directions from some guys father in order to make it to a ward gathering. It's fun. The temple is gorgeous! They had stain glass windows! Which likes before I have yet to see on a temple. Very nice.
So all in all, despite my previous slights against it, I'm loving Texas. (This picture is one of the many signs I've been getting pictures of. They have very interesting signs here in Texas to say the least). It's gorgeous, there's always something to do, and I'm finally knocking things off my list of things I've been wanting to do (like get a library card from Texas, read loads of books, and get a tan without having to go tanning!). I might go crazy...crazy for Texas! ha...ha...ha...

1 comment:

Devany said...

i'm a fan of the don't mess with Chelsea pic