Saturday, July 18, 2009

Eye-Opening and Mouth-Closing

Ah, Ah, Ah, AH, AH, AH, AHH, AHHH, AHHHHHHHHH.

Yes, that is exactly what is going through my head right now, and probably every time I think of ever eating fast food again. EVER. I knew this day would come. I've avoided it the best I can. But hulu got the best of me.

I watched Super Size me. I didn't want to know the truth. I thought I'd be happy just vaguely knowing that for some reason by eating McDonalds for a month a guy was swiftly led down the path of deteriorating health. I had heard he almost died, that he ate McDonald's everyday, and he started to have cravings for McDonalds. What I didn't know until I watched this was that he didn't almost die (though it was still digusting what happened), he ate McDonald's for EVERY meal (I can barely get through the lethargy that comes after eating one of their meals :[ ), and that he had a girlfriend who was vegan (this is a novelty for me because I admire vegans but also think them ridiculous).

So what am I going to do about this? Well, first off I'm going to be sick for about a week; that's what originally detered me from watching this thing was that I knew I would be sick. Now I have this feeling that I need to be more self-conscious about what I eat than what I usually do. But I know I'm still going to eat fast food? So here comes the paradox. Perhaps I just need to wait for the shell shock of watching SuperSize me to wear off.

It comes down to this then. I'll probably become a more frequent user of this.

No comments: