Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ode to a Truck Lift

I wrote the following Ode whilst at work the other day. I don't want to lose it but I want to throw the paper away, so here it is in all it's glory. Enjoy. (also goes to the music of this song (by Josh Groban! I didn't even know!))
You raise me up, so I can stand level with the truck bed,
You raise me up, so I can be lazy,
I feel strong, when i can lift you by myself,
You are the platform beneath my feet.

You raise me up, along with an estimated 200 ten and three quarter plates,
You raise me up, Oh! What majesty of strength!
When you break, it kinda really sucks (insert choice curse word),
Because then, I can't leave my event.

You raise me up, cause Joe told me to load the truck,
You raise me up, to noises that sound like somethings dying,
I feel strong, because you as a mechanical device do all the hard work for me,
You've yet to crush my toes beneath your weight.