Thursday, April 22, 2010

Microsoft Office

So I'm trying to improve my understanding of Microsoft office to make myself a better potential secretary. I'm doing this by taking online tutorials provided by Microsoft. Those can be found here -> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx . However, being somewhat familiar with some of the Microsoft Office packages I also feel that this exercise is a tad tedious even though I am learning new things about the programs. As such, I must needs make fun of them. :)

Microsoft Word Tutorial

"Ready to print? Or ARE you!?" Thank you Word tutor for making printing seem ever so risk-kay. A voice should come on every time I'm about to print on word and ask me this just so that I get unnerved about what I'm about to print. I don't want to waste paper and all that jazz!

"Sometimes as you formulate ideas and build your outline, you realize that a sub-heading is gaining prominence in your mind, or its own set of sub-entries is growing. You might also realize the opposite, that certain high-level ideas aren't going anywhere and don't merit their current outline level." It's probably just early but when I read that a bullet point doesn't merit something it amused me. Being unworthy of being tabbed in a Word document has to be an all time low.

"If you have a bulleted list that uses the same dull, boring black circles, there's good news: You can change the bullet design to one of many different built-in designs." Even Word likes to insult Word! Those poor, dull, boring black circle bullet points never get a break.

"Brilliant, this is exactly where you need to go to create your own list design." And then Word because British? I think the person who was writing the responses to the correct answer to the quizzes at the end of each section was getting a little bored here.

There's more, but I'm stopping there for now because I'm done studying this right now.

No comments: