Monday, September 7, 2009

Nevermind...

My room mates whom this post is concerned with don't read my blog yet I believe, so I'm going to go ahead and speak without reserve.

I could have been here today. Isn't it gorgeous!? (like a gorge hahaha) Just LOOKING at this picture takes away all the sad things in this life and fills me with ever extending wonder. The majesty! The color of the water! Being able to wade through a river! Such things would bring me such happiness. Not just a slight happiness either. I've dreamed of going here since I saw a picture in my dentist's office. It was a picture of himself looking up at the narrow's extenuating walls in all of the Narrow's glory personified in that one picture. I wanted to have a picture like that. I wanted to GO. But alas, my desires are thwarted again. Again I am left behind to live my life without the majesties of this world to accompany me. Life is still great, to be sure...but such bitterness I have yet to know. 7 hours before we were to leave for the trip my room mates changed their minds and didn't want to go.

But what I told them when they revealed to me their designs was the truth. I saw their feelings in their eyes and I could not bring them pain that I knew would come if I was selfish. They did not want to make the commitment to go-an all day excursion if pursued-and they feared for their grades if they did so. They didn't feel prepared, which I'll admit we weren't the in the best of prepared-ness, and didn't know enough to go on this great adventure that I myself had concocted. So I chose not to go today. I told them the truth when I said that we shouldn't go. There was not a drop of insincerity when I spoke of my desire not to go. So I didn't go.

Maybe some other time Narrow's at Zion's National Park. Hopefully a better one.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Chelsea! You must screw your roommates and go. Anne informed me yesterday of her fun before homework policy. Your roommates need lives.

Strawboat said...

Anne has the right idea. You, sadly, miss the fact that they own the cars and I do not. I guess I could have walked and made it there by tomorrow. :D