Sunday, September 21, 2008

Phobia's

In my school's newspaper--that I frequent because it has many sub-sections that amuse me; comics, sudoku, police 'reports', and the classifieds--they have a page dedicated to letters to the editor (surprise). I found myself perusing said section and found one about the ever famous 'One Seat Rule'. I'd give you a link to the article...but it's not online yet, so I will sum-up. It's written by a student who tells us of an imaginary person, People Phobia, who goes from class to class not sitting next to people but instead sits one or two seats away. The student also kindly rants about why sitting one seat away from someone is irrational. This is my testament of why angry people are stupid. I'm of a mind that when something like this annoys me in my classes to think it though as to why people do such things. Like, maybe People is 6 feet tall and needs some leg space, or People just thinks it's odd to cram right next to someone in a large auditorium when there are still available seats elsewhere, OR maybe People takes the effort to be on time to class to show the professor that said class time is valuable! I am sure the person who wrote this is very passionate about sitting right next to strangers, but I've yet to attain enough empathy for them to sit down and write a letter to the editor...hehe.


Well...if People Phobia doesn't like sitting next to someone then I offer some advice, don't go to concerts, LIKE I DID ON FRIDAY!!!

Ah, it was glorious! I went to see 'The Rocket Summer' live. Other bands attending were 'The Morning Glory', 'The Secret Handshake', and 'Phantom Planet'. It was in a little venue that was of the old-building type and I quite enjoyed the set-up. The concert itself was moving, smashing, crowd-surfing-ly, loud, euphoric, and full of jumping/shoving goodness. :D Capital experience if I do say so myself! Maybe I should write a letter about it... ;)

No comments: