Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Who the heck are you?!?!?

Today I deleted me some 'friends' on facebook. Mostly it involved deleting people who came up in my mind as "Who the heck are you!?!?" However, my guilt-ridden mind from deleting friends came up with the idea to give them a final omage. However however, I only thought to do this half-way through. So here is an omage to some of my friends/observations.

Funny trend, I deleted all the Jacobs save my cousin. Apparently that name just isn't friend material unless I'm forced by fate to have a relationship with them...and thinking of the ones I deleted, it's horribly true.

Note: The perfect time to delete someone is when they're on their mission. Bwhaha! Ok, I only did this to one girl who I didn't recognize...but I don't think she'll miss me when she gets back...and if she does, then she'll just think that we weren't friends beforehand and she'll add me again :D

Honorable Mentions:
Jillian Robinson (friend of a friend I added once), Jeremiah Robinson (helping friend stalk him), Jerald Costa (he hated me, I don't know why we're friends...), Michael King, Shanlee Robertson (hahaha)

While I was going through names, there WERE some people who I didn't recognize that I kept. Either I couldn't tell who they were by their name or their picture. Yes, I too fell prey to friends who had gotten married that I wasn't even aware that they had gotten married. I then had the urge to delete every person who didn't invite me to their wedding...but I'm not spiteful *sticks nose in air*

The other people I kept even though I couldn't recognize them involved people I don't think I could get away with deleting @_@ I'm too afraid I'll see them awkwardly around campus. I'll have to wait til I move or something. And don't worry, if you're reading this, its not you. Though, if you don't wave to someone/say hi while you see them in real life then should you really be facebook friends? That's when you are only facebook friends in hope that the other person will be famous someday.

I also had trouble recognizing new friends @_@ I almost deleted my visiting teaching companion.

Ok, these next three girls I didn't delete, but they are all named Haley and are the only 3 Haley's I'm friends with. I'm sure you'll think what I was thinking when you look at the pictures, haha.


Once I leave college I will probably delete more...if my conscience allows it...

5 comments:

Devany said...

sometime I want to go through and delete all the girls with cute wedding pictures and all the ex boyfriends, just so I have no one to secretly be jealous of... but I don't. Sometimes the ex-s do get the boot though.

Michael said...

YESSSSSS! Shanlee, BAM. Jerald, BAM. Michael King, BAM. I love it. I did the exact same thing when I moved. I just got sooooooooooooooo sick of reading about W.O.W. from Michael King's perspective. And I got so sick of Shanlee's self portraits where she's wearing gangster hats. And only captains called Jerald Jerald. He went by Jerry, but we had his official name (Jerald). I think he spelled it Jerrold or something weird like that. And he hated all women. And he was a waiter in Indonesia. Cool story, I know.

Also, thank you for not deleting me.

Also, I took down all of your comics from the back office. I didn't want them to be unappreciated after I leave. I'm keeping them for my posterity.

Also, aren't you in Europe yet?

Strawboat said...

Haha, I'm glad you didn't forget the comics! I don't think they'd be as appreciated my the successors to the Del Sol.

Europe is in a month whoot!

Also, if I had deleted you and then re-added you (because the only way I would delete you is obviously by accident) wouldn't you just re-add me anyways?

Holly K said...

I am pleased to see I survived the purge as well. Funnily enough, I also recently deleted Michael King. And I never delete people.

Strawboat said...

Haha, Holly, your post made me laugh. How very serendipitous.