Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mon Oiel!

So I took this idea from a friend. She said she had to write an essay on her eyeball when she was younger. Now, this won't be an essay...but it will be reflections on what I think about my eyes.



I LOVE my eyes. If there's one thing about me that I'm vain about, it's them (so you'll have to excuse these next few moments of myself being a braggart). They are unlike anyone else's eyes in the family and I've only met a few others outside of my family who have a similitude of them. My mother has green eyes and my father blue and so in a way I see myself as being more of my father with splashes of my mother through them. When I wear green my eyes look green too! I remember arguing with a lady at the DMV about the color of my eyes. She was adamant that they were blue, but I ignored her and put what I wanted on the form. If I got to put what I wanted on the form, it would have read "Gerber Daisy" colored cause that's what I think they most look like. I've also thought of them as a sun shining forth from my iris in the middle of the blue ocean of a sky. Ah. Aren't they gorgeous!

That being said, sorry Holly, I don't think this 'essay' would have gotten a good grade. Teachers usually don't award vanity.

2 comments:

Holly K said...

Well, lucky for you we had to workshop that particular essay a couple of times because she hated all of our submissions. You would have fit right in. :)

Strawboat said...

:D sweet!