Sunday, December 6, 2009

really?

So I've decided that I finally need to make fun of save the words.com. Yes, I love them, but this time I just found too many words that I could make fun of! I'll still do 10 though to keep with tradition.

  • pregnatress-female power that generates or gives birth to something
This is the winner to the "Really?" Contest. I mean, WHO would use this word? Hi, I want to be awkward so I'm going to use a word that refers to being pregnant in reference to something I'm talking about. "You, woman, you are a pregnatress of weirdness." I just...could never adopt this word into my vernacular. XD Though it would be hilarious if someone did. Quite hilarious.
  • boscaresque-alluring; scenically wooded
Can a word have two oh-so-different definitions? I guess a scenically wooded area is alluring...but it just seems so odd to me. Silly english.
  • phoenigm-reddening of the skin
This will now be in reference to a boy who blushes in my presence. Albeit I'll say it, but no one will get it. I'll have to get all my really close friends to sign a waiver saying they will laugh when I use this in the off-situation that a boy blushes in my presence. If I can even say it without sounding like I'm saying phlegm.
  • operiment-a covering
eh? I think a better definition for this word is combining the definitions of an operation and an experiment. A.K.A. medical trials XD
  • rogalian-of or pertaining to a great fire
Maybe this word would be better used in reference to "of or pertaining to a great baldness." Doesn't it just scream rogaine?
  • adnascentia-root-like branches that sprout into the earth from a plant's
a plant's what?!?! A PLANT'S WHAT!!!! yeah...they cut off the definition but I'm pretty sure they are in reference to these.
  • odynometer-instrument for measuring a pain.
I always wondered what that machine on The Princess Bride was called...
  • saburrate-to put sand or gravel in a ship as ballast
O...K...sounds like a captain was drunk when he was giving instructions to his crew to put sand or graval in a ship as ballast.
  • secability-capability of being cut
I've got nothing for this one. Just makes me think of Harry Potter... "Sercumceptra!" at least I think that's the cutting one in book 6...
  • vacivity-emptiness
This word kinda makes sense actually. I think of vicinity and vacivity as opposite now though even though it doesn't quite work. "Is he in the vacivity?"...Meh!

No comments: