Monday, August 31, 2009

Religion Classes

Today was the first day of classes for me. I had three classes and a great amount of apprehension. Sadly, my mischeivious side came out right after my first class and therefore most of my respect for the syllabi I was about to dissect went out the window. It would be against every fiber in my body if I did not make fun of one professor in particular. He is my religion teacher. Sadly, I am also registered in a Freshman class whilst being a Junior. So forewarning, the following misery is mostly self-inflicted.

His first mistake was wanting to be funny. He was very amusing, to be sure. But when you are shooting for the 'freshman giggle' affect, your credibility as a comedian is lessoned. So what do I want him to learn? It's not that hard to get freshman (or sometimes freshie, slang plural frosh accd. to wikipedia) who are in a large group to laugh.

Secondly and Lastly, he has forbidden newspapers in the classroom. All I have to say to that is I will hold to my Walden ways and refuse to follow this unjust law! I do sudoku to stay awake in my classes...so he'd better be one captivating teacher if I'm to not rebel in this case and it's been 2 years since I've had a teacher that captivating that I can't do sudoku and listen to them at the same time!

Ok, that's all I really had to complain about for that teacher. It will be an excellent class for sure. With three papers surprisingly...

I do however need to make fun of a pamphlet he gave me. It is titled, "New Student Guide to Religious Education"

Highlights:

Question 2: "What takes place in a Religious Class?"
Really? Well, for anyone still wondering, the answer is mocking of freshman. There, I said it.

Question 6: "What does a Poor Grade in a Religion Course Signify?"
It means that you don't have a testimony OBVIOUSLY. If you asked this question to ANYONE outside of the LDS church, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it 'signifies' that you didn't do the course work, didn't study for the tests, and didn't learn what the basics of what that religion believes. Harsh, but true.

And you know what? That stupid pamphlet agrees with me.

No comments: