Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Finals Hot Steam Release

Tar.


That substance that kills elephants. It also happens to hold most of our roads together! Did you know that if you drive at high speeds over recently laid down tar that it splatters over the front of your vehicle? Well, let me tell you! It does! It also gets on your shoes if you walk over it and you track it everywhere...but that is less relevant.

I rant because I had to clean tar off of a truck today. I've had to clean tar off of a car before and, to be quite honest, it's not that hard with a bottle of the orange stuff. Anyways, it is generally not accepted as the most pleasant of ideas by society. I had multiple people tell me of the horrible situation I'd gotten myself into. One man (my favorite) said "What did you do to get stuck doing that!?". The answer is that I was doing my job. Truth be told, most people express their sympathy that way. They can sympathize, and I can think to myself how there are worse things I could be doing for 8 bucks an hour. :D

No comments: