Friday, July 25, 2008

Crocheting

When I was first packing for my big move to the college scene, I was still rather ignorant as to what Utah would be like cold-wise. So I packet my crocheting needles and a box of yarn, comforting myself that I could make whatever I put my mind to in order to keep warm during the frigid months that would be known as my first 'winter'. I must confess that one of the few times that I have busted open that box of stringy goodness in the last year was yesterday. I can also happily report that I haven't lost the talent; even though I have lost the callouses on my hand that make it easier to do.

The irony in all of this is that back home I am rather well known for this ability of mine to crochet, particularly the dolls I made...an example of a crocheted doll...

As such, a darling friend of mine sent me a link about crocheting because it reminded her of me. Now I must admit, I've never made a cell phone holder. I have made a nintendo ds holder though...*cough cough* anyways...but for anyone who has seen my phone its hardly necessary for me to have one :( Maybe when I get a new phone in the near future I'll worry about it. I just have to remember I can make whatever I put my mind to ;)


1 comment:

smileykatpea said...

you should show the one you made for your brother too! :D